The Winter Trail Series celebrates Seattle and the Eastside’s local parks with trail runs that will keep your winter fitness warm. All events have a choice of at least two distances, with shorter course lengths ranging from 4-8 kilometers (2.5-5 miles), and longer course lengths ranging from 10-21 kilometers (6-13 miles). So rally your running pals and put these motivating events on your calendar!
|11/04/2017||Carkeek Cooler Trail Run||Register||5k, 10k||Seattle, WA|
|11/19/2017||Ravenna Refresher Trail Run||Register||4k, 8k, 12k||Ravenna Park|
|12/02/2017||Redmond Reindeer Romp||Register||5 mile & Half Marathon||Redmond Watershed Preserve|
|12/16/2017||Seward Solstice Run||Register||4.2 mile & 10k||Seward Park|
|12/31/2017||Absolution Run||Register||4 mile & 8 mile||St. Edward State Park|
|01/20/2018||Frost Eagle||Register||5 mile & Half Marathon||Soaring Eagle Park|
|02/03/2018||Interlaken Icicle Dash||Register||5k & 10k||Interlaken Park|
Series Swag & Competition
Are you motivated by swag?
Consistency pays off! Participate in four or more of the Winter Trail Series events in the 2017-18 season listed above and you’ll be awarded a free Winter Trail Series mug to recognize your achievement.
Are you competitive?
- Your best 4 performances in the Winter Trail Series will rank you in the series standings!
- If you want to do fewer events, that’s OK! Series events are open to everyone.
- You may register for events individually, or use Series Registration to sign up for more than one event at once for your own convenience. Using Series Registration is not required to be part of the series competition.
- If you complete any of the 2017-18 season Winter Trail Series events, you are automatically entered.
- Points will be awarded to women and men separately (both the fastest man and woman will earn 100 points). After receiving points for placement within the women’s and men’s category, participants will then be divided into their age category for the series competition. (You may be the fastest in your category without scoring 100 points, if you are not the overall women’s or men’s winner).
- The series rewards those with the most points, regardless of what distances they ran.
- The 1st place woman and 1st place man in each event score 100 points, 2nd place scores 95, 3rd scores 92, 4th scores 90, 5th 89 and so on. Places 64th and lower score 30 points.
- In the event of a tie, each runner’s highest point score is used for the tie-breaker. If two runners have identical highest point scores, then the next highest point scores are compared until the tie is broken. If all scores in rank-order are identical for two or more runners, then the tie is broken according to the size of the competitive field (largest number of runners ranks higher) at the run where the highest score was earned (then second highest, and so on, until the tie is broken.)
- The top series participants receive special recognition and free entry to a future trail run to be announced.
- Awards will be presented in the following categories: Open Women, Open Men, Masters Women 40+, Masters Men 40+, Youth Girls 12/under, Youth Boys 12/under, Junior Girls 13-18, Junior Boys 13-18
2016-2017 Age Group Standings
2015-2016 Final Standings by Age Group