5k & 10k
Sunday, January 3, 8:20am-11:20am starts
Paradise Valley Conservation Area, Woodinville, WA
Paradise Valley Conservation Area is indeed a trail runner’s paradise, with mostly gently rolling trails of a variety of widths and speeds, from wide and straight promenades where you can stride out to serpentine pathways that wind between wetland cedar groves and meander up and down gentle ridges. The forest is just as varied and offers an enchanting journey to its visitors.
Join us for a 5k or 10k trail run at Absolution Run, the fifth event in the 2020-21 Winter Trail Series!
Want to keep motivated all winter long? Use the series registration page to sign up for more than one Winter Trail Series event at once!
This event has traditionally been held at Saint Edward State Park, however due to extensive construction at St. Edward, we are holding at at Paradise Valley this year. We hope you enjoy the mostly gently rolling terrain and don’t miss the big climbs at St. Edward too much!
2020-21 WINTER TRAIL SERIES
NOV 7 – CARKEEK COOLER – CONFIRMED
5k & 10k, Carkeek Park, Seattle, WA
NOV 21 -RAVENNA REFRESHER – CONFIRMED
4k, 8k, 12k, Ravenna Park, Seattle, WA
DEC 5 – REDMOND REINDEER ROMP – CONFIRMED
5-mile & Half Marathon, Redmond Watershed Preserve, Redmond, WA
DEC 19 – WOODLAND WONDERLAND – CONFIRMED
Distance TBD, Woodland Park, Seattle, WA
JAN 3 – ABSOLUTION RUN – CONFIRMED
5k & 10k, Paradise Valley Conservation Area, Woodinville, WA
JAN 23 – FROST EAGLE – CONFIRMED
5-mile & Half Marathon, Soaring Eagle Park, Sammamish, WA
FEB 6 – INTERLAKEN ICICLE DASH – CONFIRMED
5k & 10k, Interlaken Park, Seattle, WA
Are you motivated by swag?
Consistency pays off! Participate in four or more of the Winter Trail Series events in the 2020-21 season listed above and you’ll be awarded a Winter Trail Series neck gaiter to recognize your achievement.
Are you competitive?
- Your best 4 performances in the Winter Trail Series will rank you in the series standings!
- If you want to do fewer events, that’s okay! Series events are open to everyone.
- You may register for events individually, or use Series Registration (link coming) to sign up for more than one event at once for your own convenience. Using Series Registration is not required to be part of the series competition.
- If you complete any of the 2020-21 season Winter Trail Series events, you are automatically entered.
- Points will be awarded to women and men separately (both the fastest man and woman will earn 100 points). After receiving points for placement within the women’s and men’s category, participants will then be divided into their age category for the series competition. (You may be the fastest in your category without scoring 100 points, if you are not the overall women’s or men’s winner).
- The series rewards those with the most points, regardless of what distances they ran.
- The 1st place woman and 1st place man in each event score 100 points, 2nd place scores 95, 3rd scores 92, 4th scores 90, 5th 89 and so on. Places 64th and lower score 30 points.
- In the event of a tie, each runner’s highest point score is used for the tie-breaker. If two runners have identical highest point scores, then the next highest point scores are compared until the tie is broken.
- The top series participants receive special recognition and free entry to a future trail run to be announced.
- Awards will be presented in the following categories: Open Women, Open Men, Masters Women 40+, Masters Men 40+, Youth Girls 12/under, Youth Boys 12/under, Junior Girls 13-18, Junior Boys 13-18