5k & 8k
Saturday, December 19, 2020
Woodland Park, Seattle WA
The 2020 Covid-safe edition of the Winter Trail Series rolls on at Woodland Park, in Seattle, WA, with individual starts and other safety measures in place!
The Winter Wonder-Woodland course is a novel departure in character from many of our other events. The shorter course is a loop of Seattle’s favorite running venue: Green Lake. The long course adds a loop through the savanna-like Woodland Park to the lap of the lake, touring both open and lightly-wooded areas of the park, weaving between sports fields, and traversing the trails through the more deeply-wooded ravines. The profile of the lake loop is nearly flat, while the part of the long course in Woodland Park varies from flat, to gently-rolling, to short and steep climbs and drops.
Want to keep motivated all winter long? Use the series registration page to sign up for more than one Winter Trail Series event at once!
2020-21 WINTER TRAIL SERIES
NOV 7 – CARKEEK COOLER – CONFIRMED
5k & 10k, Carkeek Park, Seattle, WA
NOV 21 -RAVENNA REFRESHER – CONFIRMED
4k, 8k, 12k, Ravenna Park, Seattle, WA
DEC 5 – REDMOND REINDEER ROMP – PENDING
5-mile & Half Marathon, Redmond Watershed Preserve, Redmond, WA
DEC 19 – WINTER WONDER-WOODLAND – PENDING
5k & 8k, Woodland Park, Seattle, WA
JAN 3 – ABSOLUTION RUN – PENDING
4-mile & 8-mile, St. Edward State Park, Kenmore, WA
TBA – FROST EAGLE – PENDING
5-mile & Half Marathon, Soaring Eagle Park, Sammamish, WA
FEB 6 – INTERLAKEN ICICLE DASH – CONFIRMED
5k & 10k, Interlaken Park, Seattle, WA
Are you motivated by swag?
Consistency pays off! Participate in 4 or more of the Winter Trail Series events in the 2020-2021 season listed above and you’ll earn a free limited edition Northwest Trail Runs prize! Past year’s prizes included a shoe bag for your muddy winter running shoes.
Are you competitive?
- Your best 4 performances in the Winter Trail Series will rank you in the series standings!
- If you want to do fewer events, that’s okay! Series events are open to everyone.
- You may register for events individually, or use Series Registration (link coming) to sign up for more than one event at once for your own convenience. Using Series Registration is not required to be part of the series competition.
- If you complete any of the 2019-20 season Winter Trail Series events, you are automatically entered.
- Points will be awarded to women and men separately (both the fastest man and woman will earn 100 points). After receiving points for placement within the women’s and men’s category, participants will then be divided into their age category for the series competition. (You may be the fastest in your category without scoring 100 points, if you are not the overall women’s or men’s winner).
- The series rewards those with the most points, regardless of what distances they ran.
- The 1st place woman and 1st place man in each event score 100 points, 2nd place scores 95, 3rd scores 92, 4th scores 90, 5th 89 and so on. Places 64th and lower score 30 points.
- In the event of a tie, each runner’s highest point score is used for the tie-breaker. If two runners have identical highest point scores, then the next highest point scores are compared until the tie is broken.
- The top series participants receive special recognition and free entry to a future trail run to be announced.
- Awards will be presented in the following categories: Open Women, Open Men, Masters Women 40+, Masters Men 40+, Youth Girls 12/under, Youth Boys 12/under, Junior Girls 13-18, Junior Boys 13-18