4-mile & 8-mile
Sunday, December 30, 9:30am
St. Edward State Park, Kenmore, WA
Situated on the northeast shoreline of Lake Washington, Saint Edward State Park is a gem of the Washington State Park system. The beauty of its natural forest areas and undeveloped waterfront, its proximity to the Eastside and Seattle population centers, and its well-maintained amenities, including historic buildings, convenient parking, pleasant picnic areas, a phenomenal children’s play structure, and many miles of wonderful trails make it a favorite destination for hiking, mountain biking, and running. The park is named after St. Edward Seminary, which operated in a large building that still stands in the park today and is recognized in the National Register of Historic Places.
Join us for a 4-mile or 8-mile trail run at Absolution Run, the fifth event in the 2018-19 Winter Trail Series!
Want to keep motivated all winter long? Use the series registration page to sign up for more than one Winter Trail Series event at once!
2018-19 WINTER TRAIL SERIES
NOV 3 – CARKEEK COOLER
5k & 10k, Carkeek Park, Seattle, WA
NOV 17 -RAVENNA REFRESHER
4k, 8k, 12k, Ravenna Park, Seattle, WA
DEC 1 – REDMOND REINDEER ROMP
5-mile & Half Marathon, Redmond Watershed Preserve, Redmond, WA
DEC 15 – SEWARD SOLSTICE
4.2-mile & 10k, Seward Park, Seattle, WA
DEC 30 – ABSOLUTION RUN
4-mile & 8-mile, St. Edward State Park, Kenmore, WA
JAN 19 – FROST EAGLE
5-mile & Half Marathon, Soaring Eagle Park, Sammamish, WA
FEB 2 – INTERLAKEN ICICLE DASH
5k & 10k, Interlaken Park, Seattle, WA
Are you motivated by swag?
Consistency pays off! Participate in 4 or more of the Winter Trail Series events in the 2018-19 season listed above and you’ll earn a free limited edition Northwest Trail Runs prize! Past year’s prizes included a thermal beanie and a fleece neck warmer.
Are you competitive?
- Your best 4 performances in the Winter Trail Series will rank you in the series standings!
- If you want to do fewer events, that’s okay! Series events are open to everyone.
- You may register for events individually, or use Series Registration (link coming) to sign up for more than one event at once for your own convenience. Using Series Registration is not required to be part of the series competition.
- If you complete any of the 2017-18 season Winter Trail Series events, you are automatically entered.
- Points will be awarded to women and men separately (both the fastest man and woman will earn 100 points). After receiving points for placement within the women’s and men’s category, participants will then be divided into their age category for the series competition. (You may be the fastest in your category without scoring 100 points, if you are not the overall women’s or men’s winner).
- The series rewards those with the most points, regardless of what distances they ran.
- The 1st place woman and 1st place man in each event score 100 points, 2nd place scores 95, 3rd scores 92, 4th scores 90, 5th 89 and so on. Places 64th and lower score 30 points.
- In the event of a tie, each runner’s highest point score is used for the tie-breaker. If two runners have identical highest point scores, then the next highest point scores are compared until the tie is broken.
- The top series participants receive special recognition and free entry to a future trail run to be announced.
- Awards will be presented in the following categories: Open Women, Open Men, Masters Women 40+, Masters Men 40+, Youth Girls 12/under, Youth Boys 12/under, Junior Girls 13-18, Junior Boys 13-18